Monday, June 6, 2011

Celebrate the Small Wins

This weekend I survived two celebrations that involved food. Yay for me!!! Everyone who knows me knows that I Love cake! Both events involved cake and I did not fall weak. There were several things that allowed me to get through without indulging in a piece of cake. During both events I constantly reminded myself that I am on a journey and it's too soon to make a pit stop. The negative consequences far outweighed the good. Now I am not saying I will never eat cake, just not this soon. I also told myself that I have the control and not the cake. Finally, I owe it to myself to be healthy, look good, and feel good! This small milestone gave me a sense of accomplishment and confidence to continue on this Journey!!!! Pictures coming soon!!!!!!!!

I also wanted to share with you that I am taking a different approach to measuring my progress. I am using measuring tape instead of the scale. The scale is so inconsistent for women. It changes during that time of the month when we naturally retain more water. It also discourages some people if you experience no change or an increase in your weight. I have found using measuring tape helps me to see what really counts. INCHES!!!!! I challenge you to use measuring tape instead of the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment