Hey,
I know that I have not posted anything in a long time and, I wish I could say while I was incognito that I was doing exactly what I was suppose to be doing. Yeah, I wish I could say that. I have plenty of "good" reasons why I have not focused on bettering myself, one being bringing a new baby into the house. But good reasons or not it is still an excuse for not doing what I promised myself I would do.
Isn't it amazing how making a promise to someone else seems so much more important than keeping a promise to yourself? I would almost kill myself to keep my wordto someone else but, as soon as it comes to making a promise to myself I am quick to quit or put it on the back burner. So during this journey I hope to work on keeping my word to myself.
That being said I started back today... I'm doing the 6 week body make over. Now when I did this plan before I lost weight and I lost it fast and saw the results quickly. This only happened because when I ordered it I was at my wits end and, I promised that no matter what it told me to do I was going to do it. Well that's what I did. And it worked!
So the goal is to get myself back in that mindset again. I can't lie I'm not there yet (proof of that is I eat a Chips Ahoy cookie today) but, everyday I'm going to strive to be better than I was the day before.
One more thing I'm going to work on for my next entry. Joyce Meyers challenged me to do something in her book I Dare You and that is to ask everyday "What is God going to do through me?" verses "What is God going to do for me today?"
My prayer: God thank you for being ever present in my life and for continuing to bless me even when I blatantly take the wrong path. Because of you I know that everyday is an opportunity to become stronger and better than the day before. God I am asking that you please continue to let me have the desire to do what is right (righteous) and good (Godly); and please grant me the ability to help someone else.
In Jesus name I pray
~Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment