Thursday, June 23, 2011

Surviving Vacation!!

I am on vacation with my family and I have really enjoyed myself. I was really dreading this vacation because I was afraid of my ability to control myself around all of the food. Most people eat out everyday on vacation and usually gain weight. Well people let me tell you there is a way to enjoy SOME (not all) of the food you like and still lose weight.

The first thing you must do is cook 80% of the time and enjoy eating out the other 20%. If you cook then you can control how healthy the meals are each day. When you do go out to eat, choose meals with veggies, salad, and protein. You will be full and not feel deprived. The second thing is exercise EVERYDAY! This will help to balance enjoying in moderation some of the food you like. The key is to choose one item a day. For example, for breakfast you want IHOP pancakes. For the rest of the day eat healthy and exercise! Allowing yourself to indulge a little saves you from falling off the wagon in a big way!!

The truth is that everyone around me ate candy, cake, soda, chips, and everything that you can think of the whole time. Cooking and occasionally indulging in some of my choices made it easier for me to survive the temptation to overindulge in the wrong food. I would also encourage you to never let your stomach get empty. Keep a protein bar or shake on you when you are out for the day. Protein helps to keep you full and satisfied.

Remember this is a life-long journey, and to say that you will never indulge is setting yourself up for failure. For the first time in my life I feel empowered and in control! I enjoyed my vacation and also enjoyed coming back wearing clothes I can fit!! :)

Keep pressing the journey is far from over! Change your life one day and one decision at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment