Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Introduction of BiWi

About 7 years ago God gave me a phrase "Because I'm Worth It" I took this phrase and shortened it to the acronym BiWi. When it first it hit I thought about how women never take time for themselves and wanted to make pamper baskets and sell them. I went as far as to go to Community Ventures (a wonderful program that helps train you to start your own business and give you a grant when you graduate the program). Alas I was not dedicated enough to follow through with the idea. However BiWi has still always had meaning to me.

Well yesterday I was feeling pretty low. And you know why? Because I let someone come along and steal my power. I think I forgot for a long time that I was worth anything more than what other people were willing to give.

Kenyetta wrote a blog about self worth. When she asked me how I measured my own self worth I was one of the people who said I don't know. But now that I've allowed myself some time to think on it; I would now say that I measured my self worth by my ability to love. I think I always have (and more than likely always will). But you know what?! I never used the love I had for myself as a measuring stick or I would have found a way to raise my self esteem a long time ago.

My happiest time was when I was a lot smaller. Actually the smallest I've been my whole grown up life; plus I was living in Lexington, in an apartment that I loved, where I could invite people over and then act like I was a top chef. Everyone had a good time and that made me happy. But when I left that environment... i.e that apartment and a smaller waistline; I left a piece of myself there as well.

Well guess what it is time to find that piece of me and add on to it everyday piece by peace (not a typo). Will you help me? What I have come to realize and embrace is that you can't do everything by yourself or God wouldn't have made Eve :)

So here's my promise: I promise to be myself... If your promise not to judge me (openly) for doing so :)


Today's BiWi: I won't let fear keep me from living my life abundantly!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment