Thursday, December 22, 2011

What 2011 taught me? Day 2

Have you ever had people in your life that are comfortable as long as you are not doing better than them?  Constantly competing?   Takes from you but never adds anything of value?   One of the hardest lessons I learned this year is that people are not always on your team, even though they appear to be.  I must mention that this includes family and friends.  This was a hard one to swallow, but I received revelation to see this in a different light.

It hurts when you first realize that someone close to you needs you around to make them feel superior.  I can't understand how someone is so insecure that they need the failures of others to solidify their successes. They really believe that they are the only ones that deserve to be promoted, blessed, happy, or successful. On the other hand, you have that person that judges you and tries to bring the bible in to justify their judgement.   For both type of people the real root is that they are insecure and your blessings are making them uncomfortable because they feel as though they are not where they should be.  It could be that they believe something you have should have been theirs or they are more deserving than you.  What ever the reason, the lesson in this was that I needed to understand that their behavior is stemming from a deep place of insecurity and jealousy.  Read the quote below.  Pray for them!

The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves. ~William Penn


Now let's talk about that person who feels that they have to constantly compete with you.  First of all, that person must realize that they are competing by themselves and you can't do me better than me!  Bishop Walker always says "Stay In Your Lane".   What's for me is for me and what's for you is for you!   The relationship always feels like a struggle, and serves of a source of drama.  I learned to love this type of person from a distance and pray that they learn to love themselves and stop comparing themselves to others.  It's not healthy!  Pray for them!


 Michelangelo said “Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it”.
How well we do this is our measurement. It doesn’t matter what anyone else is doing with their block of stone. The statue that they are liberating is one of their own intentions.  But how well we are doing with our own block of stone is our business.
Lastly, let's discuss those codependent relationships/friends/family members that always take and never give.  I first had to understand that I play a role in the codependency.  There was something in me that felt I needed to help or fix some one's life.  I identified that during my lowest times I prayed for someone to come and deliver me, but that never happened.  I am merely playing the role that I hoped someone would play for me.  The problem is that these type of  people take advantage of that and abuse it.  It doesn't matter if it's your time, energy, money, or advice codependent people will keep taking until you have no more to give.  The lesson learned is that I control my ability to be involved in this type of situation, and I made the decision to discontinue playing the role of contributing to their codependency.  The lesson here is that I have control, and these type of people can only take if I continue to give.  It's time for them to walk on their own two feet!  Pray for them!
Allowing codependents to go on feeding on you just makes them worse, whereas confronting with reality may "turn on a light" and get them to accept the therapy and healing they so desperately need.
L. Ice

Love you all,
#keeppressing


No comments:

Post a Comment