Friday, December 23, 2011

What 2011 taught me? Day 3

I had a revelation early this year, and since then I have not been the same. I realized that I am the only one setting limitations on my life. I struggled so hard early in life and it created a rigid control freak. I planned and set goals, but I spent years frustrated because they did not happen in my timeframe or as I planned. The more I failed the more I planned.

Don't get me wrong, planning is good, but you must be able to adjust. Life happens and I was a fool to think my plans would be perfect. Moving forward I have plans, but I leave room for life. Life means the unplanned baby, job loss, weight gain, divorce, death, and so on. Life is the one thing that continues without your guidance, and to ignore the constant is to ignore life. No limitation or rigid plans! Live life and enjoy the journey!

I started a bucket list to build in adventure and spontaneity. I have over 40 things on the lists and it has been an adventure to complete each one. This year I have completed: running 3miles straight, going to China, healthy lifestyle, and exploring natural hair! The more I finish, the more I add. I challenge you to try it for yourself, who says that you have to be 60 years old before you start! Start now!

Life is what happens while your busy making plans!
John Lennon

Love you all,

#keeppressing

No comments:

Post a Comment