The hardest part about this journey is finding balance. What is the right level of balance in the areas of your spiritual life, family life, personal life, academic life, and career? People ask me often how I balance working fulltime, raising 4 children, marriage, and working on my doctorate. If you really think about it, balance is what I was lacking. I spent the last 15 years focusing on being a mom, continuing my education, being a helpmate/wife, supporting my mom, working a fulltime job, and being a support system for others. I had nothing left to give when it came to my needs. I made myself believe that my needs were fulfilled using my favorite meals or deserts.
The success of this journey is contingent on living a balanced life. It is important that as women, mothers, or wives that we don't forget about the most important person on this journey called life. If you don't take care of yourself then eventually you will have nothing to give to everyone else. I encourage you to go out with your girlfriends or spend a day pampering yourself! Make a promise to yourself that you will spend time focusing on YOUR needs. Start wearing makeup again, get a new hairstyle or cut, pull back out the freakem dress, those perfect fit jeans that made you feel like a DIVA, or even the stilettos!!!! What ever it is that you did when you were a priority to yourself bring it back again!
"Problems arise in that one has to find a balance between what people need from you and what you need for yourself."
Jessye Norman
No comments:
Post a Comment