When Kenyetta came to me with the idea of doing a blog, I accepted without hesitation. Some people may have thought about making that type of commitment it a little longer. Especially because sharing this blog has the potential to record yet another failure with (what could be) the world. But ya'll, I have longed to make this type of commitment for so long that it was almost a breath of fresh air having an opportunity do fail openly.
I've thought and thought about when was the last time or if I have ever made a commitment to myself and stuck with it. The answer... NO. I remember listening to Oprah (on one of her many shows about weight loss) on that show she kept asking the people why they loss the weight. She didn't accept answers about wanting to look good or them just saying they were tired of being overweight. She kept emphasizing the fact that when you go to lose weight you have to do it for a deeper reason or you will ultimately fail. Well I have never had another reason other than wanting to change my outside appearance. That is until I got pregnant with my second and last child.
I want to lose the weight because I want to change my life through commitment to myself. I have made so many commitments to other people who took them for granted or simply didn't want it. Time for Chanetta! I know that when I do this for me it will in turn help my immediate family, hopefully it will touch my friends. Plus, I know that if have the ability to commit to this endeavor then the sky is the limit on other aspects of my life.
Needless to say I am sooooooo ready!!!! Bring it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment